CBD has taken the world by rage and there are millions who use CBD to help with their health issues. In spite of its popularity, confusion regarding CBD dosage persists. It’s not possible to state a universal dosage for everyone since a number of factors are involved when calculating the dosage and what works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another.
Major factors that determine CBD dosage:
- Delivery method – oral, vape, sublingual or dermal
- CBD strength
- Body weight
- Body condition
- Severity of the health condition being treated
The potency of the CBD product also depends on the product quality. Since CBD is not FDA-regulated, not all CBD manufacturers in the market feature good quality CBD oil products. To reap the most out of CBD, choose reputable CBD manufacturers. JustCBD Store is a leading CBD manufacturer offering high quality CBD products.
They feature aciete vape de CBD, gummies, bath bombs, quinoa bites, honey sticks, pain creams etc. They have a wide customer base owing to the effectiveness of their products. Purchase whichever delivery method works best for your health condition. Check the following dosage guide to determine the optimal dosage for all types of CBD products.
Calculating dosage based on delivery method:
- CBD vape oil: Refer to the bottle for potency of CBD in mg. Divide it by the total ml of CBD vape oil present in the bottle which yields you the strength in mg for 1 ml. Multiply this value with the capacity of tank in ml to determine total CBD content in tour tank.
- CBD oil and tincture: Divide the amount of CBD present in the bottle in mg by the bottle quantity in ml. The bottles are usually equipped with dropper which ejects 1ml liquid when squeezed once. You can expect 20 squeezes from such bottles. If you know how much CBD is present per ml, you can calculate the dosage you are taking.
- Edibles and capsules: There are no hassles of measuring dosage. They come with predetermined doses.
- Topicals: It isn’t possible to measure the dosage of creams/ lotions whereas patches come labeled with total CBD content.
Why does CBD dosage vary depending on the delivery method?
Bioavailability refers to the amount of CBD that enter one’s bloodstream after administering CBD. The bioavailability differs based on the delivery method. Vaping has the highest bioavailability which implies less dosage of vaping CBD delivers similar results as taking higher dosage of edibles, tinctures or topicals. The bioavailability is as follows:
- 5 to 15% for CBD capsules and edibles
- 20 – 30% for CBD tinctures
- 35-40% for topicals and patches
- 40 to 50% for CBD vapes
Optimal dosage based on body weight:
There is choice between three dosage strengths – low, medium and high. New users can start with low doses and gradually increase dosage up to the maximum dosage. Higher doses are recommended depending upon the severity of your health condition.
- 80-150 lbs: Low dose of 12mg, Medium dose of 18mg and high dose of 22.5mg
- 151-240 lbs: Low dose of 15mg, Medium dose of 22.5mg and high dose of 30mg
- 240lbs and above: Low dose of 18mg, Medium dose of 27mg and high dose of 45mg
Calculating dosage may seem tricky initially, but it is relatively simple. With a couple of trial and error methods, you’ll find the dosage that works for you.